Thursday 6 November 2014

Psychological thriller movie moodboard

We've made a decision and decided to change to psychological thriller. So I made a mood board with pictures from psychological thriller which shows different actors, scenes, props, and costumes. One thing I picked up from this moodboard is that the actors are predominantly white ethnic background which is a hegemony for the movie industry. However Seven used Morgan Freeman who is not from this ethnic background so that makes a counter hegemony. There are a mixture of females and males. Psychological thrillers use a variety of props such as sharp objects like the one hannibal holding, to face masks and fire matches. The costumes use dark to plain colours, none of the colours scenes are bright. I've seen a variety of locations such as prisons, dark rooms and isolated areas. I should take all this information into account and use it to formulate ideas for my group and I's movie trailer.

I should also analyse the mood board and use this to formulate ideas for the trailer so they can easily conform to the hegemony of a psychological thriller narrative and trailer and I should develop conventions and ideas that challenge the hegemony of psychological thriller for example making the protagonist from a different ethnic background rather than a white ethnic background.

From researching and articulating this mood board, I realised that the predominate locations for scenes have to be in a dark place because psychological thriller movies always have this darkness to it and looking at Shutter Island, Black Swan, Seven and The Sixth Sense. You can see the darkness that revolves around these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment